Well, exciting news, we’ve finally ordered a small run of Accessible Pixel business cards.
Normally we’d use VistaPrint, but their prices aren’t that competitive any-more and you can only order 100 cards minimum, so I’ve tried a different company – 123Print. We have our first run of 50 on order with 280GSM paper stock, colour and double sided. We would have liked to have had rounded corners and thicker paper stock, but for a test run it has to be the most cost effective option that we choose 🙂
The topic eluded to something else too…Kits! Yes, we now have an idea of how much kits will cost, and what it will realistically cost us to produce them.
A basic component kit* will include:
- 1 x Arduino Nano Clone OR 1 x Arduino Pro Mini Clone (Your Choice)
- 2 x WS2812 5050 LED 8 Pixel Module
- 1 x 1000uF Electrolytic Capacitor
- 2 x 470ohm Resistor
- 3 x Pieces of connecting wire (Black, Red and Blue)
- 1 x Piece of lead based solder
- 1 x 3×4 matrix keypad
- 1 x Mini USB Cable
- 3 x Female Header Pins
- 10 x Male Header Pins
- 3 x Accessible Pixel Business Cards
- 1 x Mini CD-ROM containing the Accessible Pixel code, drivers and the Arduino IDE
- 1 x Cardboard Box (White Outside, Brown Inside)
- 1 x Anti-static Protective Bag
A full build kit* will include all of the above plus:
- 1 x 3D Printed Housing (Black)
- 1 x Semi-Transparent Acrylic Plastic Front Cover (White)
- 4 x Mounting screws
- 1 x Microphone
- 4 x Black Cable Ties
If you see us at an event, we will also include:
- 1x 1200mAh USB Powerbank
- 1x Micro USB Cable
We would like to include Powerbanks with every kit, however the postal service has restrictions on sending lithium based batteries through the post, so we can only include the Powerbank with kits that are bought from us at an event.
We are hoping to offer basic kits that will be available for a minimum donation of £20* to the project (+shipping) and hoping to offer the full build kits for a minimum donation of £30* plus shipping.
Please let us know if you are interested as demand may outstrip supply if we don’t know how many people are interested. We will also announce when the first kits are available. The full build kit won’t be available for a while since we are still designing them, however the component kits will be available soon depending on demand for them. If you would like to register your interest in one, please email email@example.com and let us know!
* Specifications and prices are subject to change without notice.